Saturday, August 17, 2013

a few bits

I have been working on several fronts, but not my tangled textiles piece, the deadline for which is beginning to loom.
I have been continuing my free motion samples.
Here is a week's worth of patterns.
I have been working on my Creative sketchbooks course, which I won't share here, but have also done a little art journaling, as well.
This was a dragonfly I drew on a very red page I didn't know what to do with.  I like this page a lot.
This was a very cathartic page to do.  The tree was done using a mask.  I sprayed over the mask, then  printed with it instead of painting around it. I stencilled the butterfly with some lumiere paint.  I am not happy with it's colour, and think I might change it to a green.
Another reworked failed page, This page had several incarnations and I now have this tree on it.  It doesn't have very good contrast, but I think it might make a great fibre piece using bias applique.
This is just a background, but I was playing with borders and just used a flat brush to make the squares in this grid.  I liked that.

And on the crazy quilt front, I have done a little
This is my first block with some satin samples.  I have actually done the last two seams on this one, now.  At present I have four blocks, but I may expand to nine, we'll see.
This second block also has a bit more since I took the photo.
I have also been practicing making flowers.
Here are a few pansies.  The top one is organza, the middle one  is satin ribbon and the bottom one is velvet ribbon.  The top red bit is just a gathered poppy, but has no black centre as yet.  The two red objects at the bottom are a rolled rose and bud, but they were not smiling at the camera like the pansies!
So, as you can see, I have been working away.

Remember to create every day

3 comments:

  1. lots to see here today. Your crazy blocks are coming along fine and love the psnsies you have done, wonder how you made them, maybe with a clover product? Can see why you love the dragonfly and yes I agree althoigh the sunset or is it sunrise colours are wonderful the butterfly could do with a change of colour.You have been busy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great works here Vicki! Love your dragon fly pages, and beautiful crazy quilt pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidery is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users