Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Swaps

Well, I have finally got my swaps done.
The first is a needle felted postcard.
I desided to do a scene instead of a collage and I felted onto crushed velvet.  I had a lot of trouble with my satin stitched edge, but I have worked that out (my machine always wants to chew up the corners) and will redo the edge before I post it tomorrow.  I really liked the velvet as a background and will use it again.
The second is an ATC which needed to use turquoise and purple and be about peace.
I am not happy about the puckering that happened when I washed the stabiliser off and I need to finish the edges and a few extra bits tomorrow.  Also, my dove was a little too big,  but since these were the first swaps I've done this way, I'm reasonably happy with what I did.

“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.