Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Opposites no 1

Well, a week has passed.  It was a very important week, I suppose.  I have been busy helping with our art display and kids workshops for the fire memorial and archive launch on Sunday.  It all went well and now I have finally finished my first opposites page in my sketchbook.
This is my brainstorm, or mind map.  The first idea, which was particularly relevant right now, was fire and water.




I started with a two sided, picasso sort of face and used the yin yang symbol for the eyes.  In the diagonally opposite corners I used  an old fashioned inks pen to write opposite words - one set in red, the other in blue.  Then I painted the fire and water over the top of the diagonally opposite quarters of the face.
Well, that is my first go.  I used watercolour paint on cartridge type paper and ink pens.

1 comment:

  1. I love your work on this image! Would you mind if I use it in a blog post I'm writing about holding tension of opposites? I'll of course clearly credit you as artist on it. My blog is The Bright and the Dark.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users