Monday, February 14, 2011

Lace edging

I have been away for a bit and started back at working today.  I did some work on my sampler for my wallhanging

The black part is the main part of the wallhanging which has several layers of sheers beneath to become visible when I slash the top fabric.  The black will have a variety of stitches and couched threads.  These will continue (as straight stitch) down into the white area which will become machine lace and a fringe.  At present I am sewing this on two layers of water soluble stabilizer.  As you can see, I did not get far. 
A week or so ago, I hurt my back and it has come back to haunt me.  I will probably have to spend a few days flat on my back, which is not conducive to sewing on a machine.  The cats, however, think it's a great idea!  Oh well, i do need to catch up on my reading.  At present I am making my way through The Encyclopedia of Machine Embroidery by Val Holmes and Freestyle Machine Embroidery by Carol Shinn As they are quite large books, both full of really great information, I am sure they will keep me occupied.
vicki