Friday, November 30, 2012

A break in communications

Living in the bush has it's bad points, snakes, fires and power outs.  This week we had no internet.
So, I had a little break in Blog communications.
I will be back next week as usual, hopefully (telecommunications being intact that is)
But here is a little eye candy for you.
This is a star book I made during the week.  I won't give you a tutorial, since there are plenty on youtube - just type in 'Chinese star book' and you find plenty.

I think you can see why it's called a star book.  Mine only had two layers.  I intended to put three, but the third layer really took away from the design as it was.

You can see here that the first layer was a metallic bronze card.  The second layer was black card which I cut into a lacy pattern with my silhouette cameo.

Here's a close up of the black lacy layer.

And here's the book when closed.  I was very pleased with it and intend to make more for the gallery with different silhouettes.

Happy creating




5 comments:

  1. Your Chinese Star book is beaetiful Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. That is gorgeous. Your time offline was very well spent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely project Vicki, thank you for making mention of it. Sorry you've had internet drama. Technology is wonderful when it works. Hope the heat hasn't been too awful for you. It's been dreadful up here. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is some tasty eye candy, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Conversation is important to me. I appreciate all my readers, If you comment, I will reply if an address in available and will visit your blog if that is listed. I do not use word captcha, so, cannot allow comments from anonymous users